Sunday, December 18, 2011

Trend Debate- The Baseball Jacket

There is a major trend I haven't shared with you this season. Not because I don't care about you, but because I can't decide how I feel about it. I'm just not sure this is what I want to send my readers out wearing. Just because something is a trend, doesn't mean its stylish--or in good taste! That being said there are clearly many who would disagree with me. So I decided to put it in front of you, display the facts, and see what you think! Please comment at the end of this post with whether or not you like this look: The Baseball Jacket. Some are even taking it as far as a Letterman jacket (yes, they are adding giant colorful letters to their baseball jackets, and yes, they are adults), but I just couldn't bring myself to feature that. Here are some celebs rocking this trend..........
Robert Pattinson

Chris Brown

Justin Bieber
Justin and Chris both chose a two-tone jacket. The contrasting color of the sleeves makes it look both more "authentic," and athletic. Robert Pattinson's version utilizes the basic shape and construction of a baseball jacket, but tones it down in all black wool. Of the three, I would definitely gravitate toward Pattinson's look. (By the way, my opinion is in regards to using this functional garment as a fashion piece. If you are in high school or college, and are indeed a Letterman, wear that jacket proud!)

Hypothetically speaking, if you were to embrace this trend, here are some jackets on the market that I found rather palatable.  As always, Alexander McQueen adds the funk!
Express Men- On Sale! $138.50

Shades of Gray- On Sale! $185.00

Black Rivet- On Sale! $112.50

Alexander McQueen for Puma- On Major Sale! $55.99
I don't know, maybe its the ribbing at the waist or something. I just can't LOVE it. But if you feel that it fits your personal style, it will likely look great on you. After all, that is the key to pulling off a look. So please comment below. Do you like it? Why or why not? Do you wear one? If so, what do you pair it with. Let's debate the Baseball Jacket!

2 comments:

  1. Baseball jackets are for baseball players. I've never been a fan of elastic waist and wrist bands. The only one here that's "palatable" is the Black Rivet but I'd still rather see that jack without the bands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, RMD! Is there anyone out there who wants to argue FOR the baseball jacket?

    ReplyDelete